Monday, June 18, 2012

Question: Amazon Affiliate Program

I don't currently participate in Amazon (or any other bookseller's) affiliate program. But, I saw a tweet directing me to another book blogger's auction. Vampire Book Club's Charity Auction The blogger lost her father to cancer and is donating the proceeds from this auction and any money she gets from Amazon Affiliate sales to Barrow Neurological Institute. This sounds like a great cause and she is auctioning off some great PNR book packages if you want to check it out.

So, I was wondering how much people make from their Amazon Affiliate sales. My mother died from stomach cancer. Well, stomach cancer that had spread and metastasized pretty much everywhere- her bones, adrenal glands, liver, etc. I felt inspired by the blogger at Vampire Book Club and I'd like to donate proceeds from affiliate programs to the American Cancer Society.

Anyone else feel inspired to do this? Even if you just get $50 a year from Amazon, if a lot of us take this money and donate it to a cause dear to our hearts, it will add up.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

2 comments:

  1. I'm new to the Amazon program and had no idea this was possible! Sounds like a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jae, I just set up an Affiliate account. Don't know when I'll start using it, so if you get a statement or check, let me know how much you got. If it's a low amount, I'll probably match funds up to a certain dollar amount.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...